BRUCE STROM - THE SPEAKER
I am a lawyer, CEO, and speaker who builds communities of justice minded Christians to free people from legal burdens so they can flourish. I didn’t always care about justice. I was busy as the senior partner of a successful multi-office law practice. But I missed something. God was less concerned about me building my kingdom and more concerned about how I was advancing His kingdom by loving and serving others.
How about you? Ever so busy you’re afraid you might be missing something God has for you? Then like the Good Samaritan, maybe you should stop. That’s what I did to start a legal ministry called Administer Justice which is now one of the largest legal ministries in America. Along the way I made a lot of mistakes but I also learned a lot about injustice in our legal systems and what God has to say about justice. Now I use my knowledge and experience to coach others. I’ve keynoted our nation’s only two Faith & Justice Summits hosted by the Tennessee Supreme Court and the Mississippi Supreme Court. World Magazine recognized our work at Administer Justice with a national Hope for Effective Compassion Award and Moody published my book Gospel Justice, widely acclaimed by many justice leaders.
I understand the challenge of finding just the right speaker. In my prior role as Executive Director for Administer Justice, I sought speakers for major fundraisers and events. Determining a speaker’s needs and fit for our event was sometimes a challenge. But getting it right made all the difference.
As my goal is to serve you, I am determined to help you get it right. My hope is that this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible. I look forward to starting a conversation with you soon.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and e-mail messages.
- A personal phone consultation with a member of my team prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- A covering of your event in prayer by myself, staff, board, and prayer teams as you prepare for all God has for you.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focusing on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MY SPEAKING BACKGROUND,
ACCOMPLISHMENTS, & FAMILY...
I have been speaking publicly most of my life. First as a Baptist pastor’s son, later as a Christian campus leader, and for much of my 26 year legal career as an accomplished trial lawyer. I have keynoted major events and fundraisers, spoken in churches, chapels, workshops, radio and television.
I have been recognized with a number of awards including World Magazine’s National Hope for Effective Compassion Award.
I am author of the highly acclaimed book, Gospel Justice, published by Moody.
My story of suffering and sacrifice of a prestigious legal career to serve the poor is the subject of many articles, including the introduction to Gospel Justice. Just as compelling are the stories of hundreds of victims of injustice I have been privileged to serve and the greater landscape of injustice which exist in our nation and neighborhoods.
I am married to a wonderful Puerto Rican girl from the Bronx of New York. Helen and I have been married for 26 years and are blessed with twin 17-year-old sons, Joseph and Daniel. We live outside Chicago, Illinois. In my free time, I enjoy reading, travel and meeting new people – preferably over a good meal.
MY MOST REQUESTED TOPICS
I speak on topics related to justice and faith. These can be specific such as immigration, mass incarceration, trafficking, or general legal injustice and how the Bible applies. I also speak on how to build an effective not for profit ministry. My goal in speaking is to seek transformation through new insights, story, and practical application. I customize this to the specific needs of the event to accomplish the outcome you desire.
- Gospel Justice: Taken from the book and the parable of the Good Samaritan, this presentation examines the critical interaction between the good news of Jesus and the important work of justice. Helpful for understanding the challenges of our justice system and a Biblical response to loving our neighbor.
- Access to Justice: Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. But what happens if the man cannot access the fishing pond? This presentation examines our access to justice problem in America that fails in our pledge of ‘justice for all’. Concrete examples and solutions of how people of faith can make a lasting difference.
- Topical Justice: There are many areas of brokenness in our world today which often intersect with the law. Whether immigration, refugees, mass incarceration, trafficking, or any other legal injustice seen in our headlines or communities, this presentation brings statistics, stories, and scripture to life.
- Praying Justice: Justice requires persistent prayer against the evil of injustice. Based on the parable of the persistent widow in Luke 18, this presentation examines the importance of always praying and not giving up. Encouragement for those doing justice work.
- Doing Justice: Micah 6:8 combines justice, kindness and humility but often in doing justice work we fall into doing justice for someone instead of doing justice with someone. Key principals of empowerment to serve – not save – our neighbors.
- How to build transformative ministries: Review of the critical elements necessary for any ministry to thrive from building vision, teams, systems and communication. Practical guidance and illustrations to maximize the impact of any ministry.
- Keynote Faith & Justice Conference, Mississippi College of Law, Jackson, MS organized by school and Supreme Court Access to Justice Commission.
- Keynote Justice Conference Pre-Conference, Chicago.
- Equal Justice Conference, “Keeping faith in justice”, Portland, OR.
- Keynote Faith & Justice Summit, Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN organized by Supreme Court Access to Justice Commission.