Join us for our Breakfast Fundraiser
OPEN THE GATES
Campaign for 300 Centers
Wednesday, November 17, 2021 8am
New Zion Baptist Church
4747 W. Riverside Blvd, Rockford, IL 61101
Did You Know?
- To consult with, or hire a lawyer for even a simple matter can cost $300 to over $5,000.
- Only those accused of a crime are given the right to a free lawyer - funded by taxpayer dollars.
- Over 40 million times a year, those in need - including victims of crime - cannot afford to pay for the critical guidance on what their rights may be.
- Research shows that when the gates of access to justice appear closed, individuals impacted are significantly more likely to be exposed to additional oppression and/or remain in a cycle of poverty.
- America ranks 110th in the world for providing affordable access to justice.
It is imperative to not just think about, or pray for these matters, but to DO something about it.
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'
Matthew 25:40 (NIV)
Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?” "The one who showed him mercy,” replied the expert in the law. Then Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
Luke 10:36-37 (NIV)